Good morning and welcome back to The HomeAcre Hop!
We’ve had a breezy week here on our homestead, one that started off with a cold snap and gave us a bit of a scare for some of our crops that have sprouted, but everything seems to have survived and we hope now to move on to some warmer weather that will stick around.
Today marks the five month anniversary of the move to our homestead, and tomorrow I will have our fifth post in the series The First Twelve Months. I hope that you will come back for it. If you would like to know a little bit more about our decision to homestead, I’m guest posting about it today over at Back to the Basics! I hope you’ll drop by for a visit.
Before we get on to the hop and the winners of the giveaway from Mary’s Heirloom Seeds I’d like to share a recipe for your holiday weekend get together.
These truffle cakes originally made their appearance in Martha Stewart Living, but I have adapted them by using spelt flour, coconut oil, and rapadura to make them a little bit healthier. I’ve put this together like a recipe card for easy pinning. Enjoy!
We have a winner for the giveaway from Mary’s Heirloom Seeds!
Melody Green has been contacted and will receive 12 packets of a variety of heirloom seeds to plant this year! Melody said we made her week.
Congratulations Melody! Enjoy your seeds!
I encourage you all to stop by and check out Mary’s Heirloom Seeds for the wonderful selection she offers of heirloom, non-GMO, organic seeds! Shipping is included, so you can order one packet or ten and not have to worry about the cost of postage.
Thanks again Mary for your generous sponsorship of this giveaway!
Be sure to come back next week for another great giveaway. Mary is once again sponsoring, but this time with a completely different product! Details will be announced next week at the HomeAcre Hop!
Now for the hop…
This weeks featured posts include:
If you would like to be featured in the future, be sure to link back to the hop either by grabbing a button or providing a text link somewhere in your post. We love to read encouraging posts about homesteading. Please stop by to congratulate the featured bloggers this week and if you were featured, grab the button to display proudly on your blog!
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.blackfoxhomestead.com" title="Black Fox Homestead"><img src="http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y432/Jennifer_Kuney_Cazzola/featured-button-e1360255973481_zps0659d369.jpg" alt="Black Fox Homestead" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
This little gathering is co-hosted with Lisa from The Self Sufficient HomeAcre. You are invited to share your original posts on:
- Livestock care
- Environmentally friendly farming
- Self sufficiency
- Off Grid Living
- Healthy recipes (free of preservatives and processed ingredients, but some sugar is ok)
- All natural home remedies and herbal concoctions
- Green living and Eco Friendly tips
- Food preservation
- Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle tips
- Environmentally friendly crafts and home decor
- Photo posts of natural living and homesteading subjects are also welcome!
There are just a few little rules to follow:
- Family friendly posts only. ‘Nuff said
- Link as many appropriate posts as you’d like each week. Older posts are great too. This is a great way to guide traffic to posts that haven’t seen any action lately.
- Please visit as many of the other posts as you can and let them know you found them here!
- If you wish to be featured, you must link back to the hop (on either host’s blog) with the button or a text link, and please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google + and/or Pinterest!
- Please follow us by email! You’ll receive notice when the hop is open for business.
- Only share content that you have created.
- Please remember that the whole idea of a blog hop is to visit the other bloggers and make connections and friendships…so share the linky love!
- By linking to this hop you are giving us permission to link back to your post if you are featured. We will also include one photo from your post in the interest of sending visitors your way
Now, pour yourself a nice cup of something warm, link up a few posts, and take some time to visit with some of the other great bloggers linked up!