We’ve had lots going on this past week in our little neck of the woods. This was husbie’s and my first week working full time on our farm; we’ve been super busy planting seeds and a windbreak. When I haven’t been planting I’ve been totally engrossed in an amazing book called Plowing with Pigs. I truly believe a copy should belong in every homestead library so I hope you will drop by tomorrow for a full review. But first:
Welcome to The HomeAcre Hop!
I’m absolutely delighted to announce that we are joining up with the Self Sufficient HomeAcre as co-hosts for Thursday’s HomeAcre Hop! We’ve enjoyed being a part of Lisa’s weekly link parties getting to network with others of like mind and I was thrilled when she asked us to co-host.
If you are not already acquainted with Lisa she is a mid-western homesteader working to become self-sufficient on the acreage she shares with her husband and son.
I have learned so much from what she has shared on her blog. Her recent post on growing beans is one of my favorites.
I also want to let you know that we have a giveaway coming up:
Heirloom Seed Giveaway Starting Monday!
Mary from Back to the Basics and Mary’s Kitchen is generously donating a collection of heirloom seeds for one lucky winner! Lisa and I will host the giveaway this month and announce the winner on March 28th. The giveaway goes live Monday on both sites, so please be sure to stop back and enter! You’ll notice that I have a new button in my sidebar connecting to Mary’s Heirloom Seeds. Check out her catalog for some great varieties of vegetable, herbs, and sprouting seeds. This is a very environmentally responsible company that I am proud to help support. Lisa and I will also be receiving seeds from Mary’s Heirloom Seeds to review this year. So stay tuned for more news about Mary’s company and her seeds!
Here are this week’s Featured Posts:
from these bloggers working to live a healthy, homesteading lifestyle.
Be sure to stop by and congratulate Summer’s Acres on their new blog and new land purchase! I know we’re all jealous of that chunk of real estate.
If you would like to be featured in the future, be sure to link back to the hop. We love to read encouraging posts about homesteading. Please stop by to congratulate the featured bloggers this week. If you were featured, grab the button to display proudly on your blog!
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/category/the-homeacre-hop" title="The Self Sufficient HomeAcre"><img src="http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/featured-button-e1360255973481.jpg" alt="The Self Sufficient HomeAcre" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
You are invited to share your original posts on:
- Livestock care
- Environmentally friendly farming
- Self sufficiency
- Off Grid Living
- Healthy recipes (free of preservatives and processed ingredients, but some sugar is ok)
- All natural home remedies and herbal concoctions
- Green living and Eco Friendly tips
- Food preservation
- Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle tips
- Environmentally friendly crafts and home decor
- Photo posts of natural living and homesteading subjects are also welcome!
There are just a few little rules to follow:
- Family friendly posts only. ‘Nuff said
- Link as many appropriate posts as you’d like each week. Older posts are great too. This is a great way to guide traffic to posts that haven’t seen any action lately.
- Please visit as many of the other posts as you can and let them know you found them here!
- If you wish to be featured, you must link back to the hop with the button or a text link, and please follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google + and/or Pinterest! (I follow back! If you don’t see me following, please let me know…sometimes I miss things.)
- Please follow me by email! You’ll receive notice when the hop is open for business.
- Only share content that you have created.
- Please remember that the whole idea of a blog hop is to visit the other bloggers and make connections and friendships…so share the linky love!
- By linking to this hop you are giving me permission to link back to your post if you are featured. I will also include one photo from your post in the interest of sending visitors your way
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/category/the-homeacre-hop" title="The Self Sufficient HomeAcre"><img src="http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/really-small-homeacre-hop-button2.jpg" alt="The Self Sufficient HomeAcre" style="border:none;" /></a></div>