We’ve had a busy week at Black Fox. We’re still working to get all of our cool weather crop seeds in, replanting every two weeks so we have a continual harvest of lovely lettuces.
We made up a large batch of soil cubes to start our warm weather crops, most of which will go in after the first week of May. I was delighted to find that we’ve accumulated quite the variety of heirloom tomato seeds including a few new ones from Mary’s Heirloom Seeds.
If you haven’t already be sure to register for the giveaway that Mary is offering so you can enjoy some heirlooms in your garden this summer as well. The giveaway winner will be announced at next week’s hop so there is still time to jump in.
Now on to the party, but do make a note to drop back by on Friday for a canning tutorial and recipe featuring a three-way meat mixture you can use for stocking up your healthy homemade pantry.
This little get together is co-hosted with Lisa from The Self Sufficient HomeAcre! Please be sure to stop by and visit her site.
Here are this weeks featured posts!
If you would like to be featured in the future, be sure to link back to the hop. We love to read encouraging posts about homesteading. Please stop by to congratulate the featured bloggers this week. If you were featured, grab the button to display proudly on your blog!
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/category/the-homeacre-hop" title="The Self Sufficient HomeAcre"><img src="http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/featured-button-e1360255973481.jpg" alt="The Self Sufficient HomeAcre" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
You are invited to share your original posts on:
- Livestock care
- Environmentally friendly farming
- Self sufficiency
- Off Grid Living
- Healthy recipes (free of preservatives and processed ingredients, but some sugar is ok)
- All natural home remedies and herbal concoctions
- Green living and Eco Friendly tips
- Food preservation
- Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle tips
- Environmentally friendly crafts and home decor
- Photo posts of natural living and homesteading subjects are also welcome!
Now that’s a lot of information to share! If it fits any of these topics, we want to hear about it
There are just a few little rules to follow:
- Family friendly posts only. ‘Nuff said
- Link as many appropriate posts as you’d like each week. Older posts are great too. This is a great way to guide traffic to posts that haven’t seen any action lately.
- Please visit as many of the other posts as you can and let them know you found them here!
- If you wish to be featured, you must link back to the hop (on either host’s blog) with the button or a text link, and please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google + and/or Pinterest!
- Please follow us by email! You’ll receive notice when the hop is open for business.
- Only share content that you have created.
- Please remember that the whole idea of a blog hop is to visit the other bloggers and make connections and friendships…so share the linky love!
- By linking to this hop you are giving us permission to link back to your post if you are featured. We will also include one photo from your post in the interest of sending visitors your way
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/category/the-homeacre-hop" title="The Self Sufficient HomeAcre"><img src="http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/really-small-homeacre-hop-button2.jpg" alt="The Self Sufficient HomeAcre" style="border:none;" /></a></div>