In the event that you have a bumper crop of zucchini, or just some on hand that you have to use…
Tie on a pretty apron, pour yourself a glass of something lovely, and turn on some cooking music. Puccini would work well for this dish.
- Slice zucchini. It will cook down so use more rather than less. Three fed our family of two with a small amount of leftovers for lunch.
- Saute in a bit of olive oil and set aside.
- Saute about half of a chopped onion. Add a splash of vermouth if you’d like.
- Return zucchini to the pan and lightly toss with the onion.
- Pour one jar of spaghetti sauce or one recipe of your own over all.
- Top with grated mozzarella cheese.
- Cover skillet with lid to allow cheese to melt.
- Finish with grated parmesan and serve with French or Italian bread.